伊万卡·特朗普:我在9岁时学到了大多数人一辈子都学不到的东西!
She was extraordinary.
她真的非凡极了。
Um, my mother taught me a lot about just like bringing intention to what you do.
嗯,我妈妈给了我很多启发,她教会我做任何事都要带着清醒的意图去做。
Bringing sorry and being the child of accomplished parents.
带着——抱歉,还有作为有成就的父母的孩子所肩负的那份自觉。
Most people thought that I would lack the ambition, the preparedness, but my mother taught me that being underestimated is not a bad thing.
大多数人以为我会缺乏野心和准备,但我妈妈告诉我,被低估并不是坏事。
It's very powerful thing actually and it almost always worked to the detriment of the person who underestimated me.
这其实是件很有力量的事,而且几乎总是对低估我的人不利。
From real estate to her own multi-million dollar fashion line, Ivanka Trump continues to carve her own path into the business world, succeeding at every turn.
从房地产到价值数亿的时尚品牌,Ivanka Trump 在商界不断开辟自己的道路,一路成功。
And then you learn 2 weeks before he announces your father decides he wants to be president of the United States.
然后你在他宣布参选前两周才得知,你父亲决定要竞选美国总统。
Did you have any sense that this was at all on the horizon?
你之前有任何预感吗?
Not really.
并没有。
And then when he pulled the trigger, it was full steam.
一旦他下定决心,就是全速前进。
Well, most people wouldn't give up an $800 million annual business to go into government.
大多数人不会为了进入政府而放弃一年八亿美元的生意。
Why did you?
你为什么这样做?
He asked us for help.
他请求我们帮忙。
He's like, "But I have to warn you.
他说,"但我要提醒你,
They're going to come at you hard.
他们会对你下狠手。
They're probably going to hate you."
他们可能会恨你。"
But one of the things I've learned in moments of tremendous pressure and scrutiny where any slip up is completely weaponized against you is to find the signal in the noise.
但在承受巨大压力和审视的时刻,任何失误都会被彻底武器化,我学到的一件事就是:从噪音中找到信号。
I just don't get distracted by the outside noise.
我就是不会被外界的噪音分心。
That's probably the thing that has been most helpful to me in terms of performance and success because you have a choice only in how you respond.
这大概是对我帮助最大的事——在表现和成功方面——因为你只能选择如何回应。
You've said politics is a pretty dark world.
你曾说政治是个相当黑暗的世界。
This is quite a difficult question to ask, but when you heard the news that there was an assassination attempt on your father's life, do you remember where you were and like what's that like as a daughter?
这个问题有些难以开口,但当你听闻有人企图刺杀你父亲时,你还记得自己在哪里吗?身为女儿,那是一种怎样的感受?
This is super interesting to me.
这个对我来说太有意思了。
My team given me this report to show me how many of you that watch this show subscribe.
我的团队给了我这份报告,让我看看你们当中有多少人订阅了这个节目。
And some of you have told us according to this that you are unsubscribed from the channel randomly.
你们中有些人告诉我们,说自己莫名其妙地取消了订阅。
So favor to ask all of you.
所以想拜托大家一件事。
Please could you check right now if you've hit the subscribe button.
能不能现在就确认一下,你有没有点击订阅按钮。
If you are a regular viewer of the show and you like what we do here, we're approaching quite a significant landmark on this show in terms of a subscriber number.
如果你是节目的常客,并且喜欢我们做的内容,我们正在接近一个相当重要的订阅量里程碑。
So, if there was one simple free thing that you could do to help us, my team, everyone here, to keep this show free, to keep it improving year over year and week over week, it is just to hit that subscribe button and to double check if you've hit it.
所以,如果有一件简单又免费的事能帮到我们、帮到我的团队、帮到这里的每一个人,让这个节目保持免费、不断进步,那就是点击订阅按钮,并确认你已经点了。
Only thing I'll ever ask of you, do we have a deal?
我唯一想求你们做的一件事,我们说好了吗?
If you do it, I'll tell you what I'll do.
如果你做到了,我来告诉你我会怎么做。
I'll make sure every single week, every single month, we fight harder and harder and harder and harder to bring you the guests and conversations that you want to hear.
我保证每一周、每一个月,我们都会越来越努力,把你们想听的嘉宾和对话带给你们。
I've stayed true to that promise since the very beginning of the D of Sio, and I will not let you down.
从 The Diary Of A CEO 一开始,我就信守这个承诺,我不会让你们失望。
Please help us.
请帮帮我们。
Really appreciate it.
真的非常感激。
Let's get on with the show.
言归正传,继续节目。
Ivanka, you um you don't do many interviews, do you?
Ivanka,嗯……你不常接受采访,对吗?
Not really.
确实不常。
No.
是的。
Why don't you do much media stuff or podcasting or interviews?
为什么你很少出现在媒体、播客或者采访中?
I actually don't know.
我其实也不太清楚。
I think I'm I get sort of really locked in and heads down on what I'm working on that
我想我会特别投入、埋头于当下手头的事,
I tend to kind of put on blinders and just go, but I like to have conversations in longer form with people that I admire.
然后就戴上眼罩,一路向前,但我喜欢和我欣赏的人进行这种长篇幅的对话。
I think the reason why I um I do this is because I see I naturally see everybody as like a jigsaw puzzle.
我觉得我做这件事的原因是,我自然而然地把每个人都看成一块拼图。
And you've lived an extraordinary life.
而你活过了一段非凡的人生。
you've lived an extraordinary atypical
你过着一种非凡而非典型的
life that I mean it's safe to say almost nobody on planet earth has has ever experienced
人生,可以说地球上几乎没有人有过同样的经历。
and so I think I asked that question just to be completely honest at the top because the life you've lived that we'll get into is is one that would have shaped you in a number of ways and one of them is I think from what I read things that you had said and different experiences you had as a child is just like trusting people
所以我一开始就完全坦诚地提出这个问题,因为你所经历的这段人生塑造了你,其中有一点,就是从我读到的你说过的话和你童年的某些经历来看,那就是——信任他人。
you know it's interesting
你知道,这很有意思。
I I grew up the child of wealthy and accomplished parents.
我是在一个富裕而成功的家庭中长大的。
And so I do think there's like um a natural barrier that goes up.
所以我确实觉得,内心会自然而然竖起一道屏障。
You're you're worried about people, especially when you're a kid, um liking you for the wrong reasons.
你会担心别人,尤其是小时候,喜欢你是出于错误的原因。
I see this now with my son.
我现在在儿子身上看到了这一点。
You know, he wants to be loved by his friends, and I appreciate that.
你知道,他想被朋友喜爱,我理解这一点。
That's that's good for who he is, not for who we are, and certainly not for what we have.
那应该是因为他这个人,而不是因为我们是谁,更不是因为我们拥有什么。
So I do think being the child of of of famous um parents and living such a privileged life, I had this guard and um that guard served me really well for a long time.
所以我确实认为,作为名人父母的孩子、过着这样优渥的生活,我内心有一道防线,嗯……那道防线在很长一段时间里很好地保护了我。
Like I I didn't have any friends despite the really tumultuous life that I've had, ups and downs, who really disappointed me.
就是说,尽管我的人生充满波折起伏,我也没有任何真正让我失望的朋友。
meaning close close close friends who who didn't show up for me or or who changed because of my circumstances or
意思是,那种深交,没有出现过不在我身边、或者因为我的处境而改变的朋友。
what was happening around me and I've learned for me
我周围发生的一切,而对我来说,我也领悟到了
I mean you were saying the purpose of life for me it's you know the expansion and not contraction of the heart and that's hard as you get older
我是说,你刚才说,对我而言人生的意义——你知道的——在于心的敞开而非封闭,这随着年龄增长越来越难做到。
you know how do you live a life of of service and rooted in and love and connection
你知道,怎样过一种服务于人、扎根于爱与连结的生活。
and I've learned more and more that those walls they don't serve you and the only way to have connection which is so fundamental to the human experience is to um is to build it and that requires trust.
我越来越清楚地看到,那些心墙并不能真正帮助你,而建立连结——这对人类体验如此根本——唯一的方式是去构建它,嗯……而那需要信任。
So I have to trust people.
所以我必须信任他人。
Now I have a good radar.
现在我有很好的直觉。
I'm not foolish.
我不是个傻瓜。
I'm
我
I think I'm a very good read of people and I think it's one of um my strengths
我想我很擅长读懂人,我认为这是我的优势之一,嗯……
and I think it's why I haven't been surprised by a lot of people.
而且我想这也是为什么很多人从未出乎我意料过。
Um, so I read pretty quickly, but I also have had to teach myself rather than grow sort of cynical as one tends to as they get older.
嗯,所以我很快就能看透人,但我也必须告诉自己,不要随着年龄增长变得愤世嫉俗,就像很多人那样。
I've really actually taught myself to be more trusting.
我真的切实地告诉自己,要更加信任他人。
And to the extent that means periodically I'll be burned like that's I'm okay with that trade-off because I think it will lead to more meaningful connections in my life.
在这个程度上,偶尔被辜负——那也无所谓,我接受这个代价,因为我相信它会带来生命中更有意义的连结。
Probably nets out better right in the long term.
从长远来看,这样的结果可能更好,对吧。
I think so.
我也这么认为。
I have this photo here of a very smaller and
我这里有一张很小的
so funny.
太有意思了。
I look at this and I see my Really?
我看着这张照片,心想——真的吗?这真的是我?
That was like the first thing when I saw that photo.
那是我看到这张照片的第一个念头。
At what age did you realize that life for you was slightly different from the average person?
你是在几岁意识到,你的生活和普通人有些不同的?
Like when does a child realize that?
一个孩子什么时候会意识到这一点?
H
嗯
I think there was always a lot of media attention and scrutiny.
我觉得,媒体的关注和审视一直都存在。
You see it, you experience it very early on.
你很早就会看到它、感受到它。
And I think my parents did a really good job trying to shelter us from it.
我父母确实尽了很大努力让我们免受这些影响。
And it was different then without social media.
那时候没有社交媒体,情况不一样。
You know, not everyone I think the experience our children have where anywhere they go people have a recording device in their hands, their iPhone um and can take pictures of them and you know it's so um you're so exposed during um during your formative years and thankfully I did not have that growing up but there were times I felt it.
你知道,不是所有人——我想现在我们的孩子的处境是,无论走到哪里,人们手里都拿着录像设备,iPhone,嗯……随时可以给他们拍照。你知道,那种曝光感——嗯——在成长岁月里真的太强了,而我很幸运,成长过程中没有经历这些,但也有过一些时刻让我感受到了。
I remember I wanted to be a dancer, a ballet dancer.
我记得,我当时想成为一名舞者,一名芭蕾舞者。
And you know, my mom um was an incredible skier.
而且,你知道,我妈妈嗯……是一位了不起的滑雪运动员。
She skied on the national team for then Czechoslovakia, now Czech Republic.
她曾代表当时的捷克斯洛伐克、现在的捷克共和国参加国家滑雪队。
And so she really believed in the importance of of sport for cultivating discipline and um so she really encouraged this.
所以她非常相信体育对培养纪律性的重要,嗯……因此她真的很鼓励这一点。
And I was dancing at Giuliard, the school of American Ballet here in New York.
我当时在朱利亚德舞蹈学校,即纽约的美国芭蕾舞学校上课。
I was in the Nutcracker and I remember I was probably eight and I was, you know, like some small role in the Nutcracker.
我参加了《胡桃夹子》的演出,那时我大概八岁,在剧里扮演一个小角色。
I was a party girl and an angel.
我是一个派对女孩,还有天使。
Those were like the entry roles where you like dance at the party, uh, where the the man with the Nutcracker arrives and then you're in that angel scene.
那是像入门角色一样的,你在派对上跳舞,嗯……就是胡桃夹子先生到来的那场,还有天使的场景。
And I remember being so excited and was my first Nutcracker.
我记得当时非常兴奋,那是我第一次参演《胡桃夹子》。
And, um, Michael Jackson had just moved into Trump Tower and was literally our neighbor in Trump Tower.
嗯,那时 Michael Jackson 刚搬进 Trump Tower,字面意义上就是我们在 Trump Tower 的邻居。
And my father sees him one day, you know, passing in the lobby.
有一天我父亲看到他,你知道,是在大堂里相遇。
I'm with him.
我和他在一起。
I said, 'You know, my daughter's in the Nutcracker.
他说:'你知道吗,我女儿在《胡桃夹子》里演出。
You should come.
你应该来看。
You should come see a performance.
你一定要来看场演出。
So, he comes to the Nutcracker with my father at the height of his fame to watch me dance.
于是他在事业巅峰时期和我父亲一起来看我跳舞。