Volver a PodcastsThe Diary Of A CEO
Bruno Fernandes: Roy Keane Twisted My Words. They Offered Me £200M, I Said No.
In the in the football career, you go through a lot ups and downs and a lot of uh difficult moments.
在足球生涯中,你会经历很多起伏,很多艰难的时刻。
And uh let's say the ones that suffered most family, they um they see your good moments, your bad moments, your good side, your bad side also, but uh they always stand by you.
最受苦的,说到底还是家人,他们见证你的高光,也见证你的低谷,见证你好的一面和坏的一面。
Your time at Manchester United has been a bit of a roller coaster like this.
你在曼联的时光,就像这样跌宕起伏。
And so on that day when you get a big offer to leave Manchester United for a contract that was worth reportedly 200 million, why didn't you go?
那么,当那一天你收到天价要约,要你离开曼联,据报道合同价值 2 亿英镑,你是怎么想的?
It's Captain Fantastic.
他就是队长精彩。
Manchester United's captain Bruno Fernandez has arguably become their greatest player in the post Ferguson era.
曼联队长 Bruno Fernandes,可以说已经成为弗格森时代结束后俱乐部最伟大的球员。
There isn't a single player in the Premier League who has more assists since his arrival.
自他加盟以来,英超没有任何一名球员的助攻数超过他。
He's won more club player of the year awards than Ronaldo and only five players have scored more than his 70 league goals.
他赢得的俱乐部年度最佳球员奖比 Ronaldo 还多,只有 5 名球员的英超进球数超过他的 70 球。
So, I'm at the Manchester United training ground to ask him the questions the footballing world wants to know, including recently Roy Keane criticized your mentality based on a quote he claimed you said.
所以我来到曼联训练基地,代表足球圈向他提问,那些球迷们迫切想知道答案的问题。
How do you respond to that?
你怎么回应那件事?
He came criticizing me, killing me, saying that I'm not good enough, that I'm not a good captain, that I'm not a good player for the club.
他公开批评我,说我不够好,说我不是好队长,说我不是好球员。
It's okay.
没关系。
I don't mind.
我不在乎。
What I don't like is when people lie about things.
我不喜欢的是,有人对我说过的话撒谎。
I even asked Ole his number to have a word with him.
我甚至找 Ole 要过他的号码,想跟他谈谈。
Did you speak to him?
你跟他谈了吗?
Bruno.
Bruno。
To understand somebody, I always think you have to start with where they started and the the early context that they grew up in.
要了解一个人,我始终觉得得从他的起点说起,从塑造他的早年环境说起。
And we were just talking before we started recording about Porto.
我们在录制开始前刚聊到了波尔图。
I'm on a journey to understand why you are the way that you are because you're such an anomaly on the pitch and your your career when I track the journey of where you've come from and how you continually were promoted and pushed forward at a very young age is clear to me that your early context your early upbringing and whatever it was that was present at that age has shaped you in some very very important way what is the sort of earliest thing I need to understand about where you came from and that environment
我想弄明白,你为什么会成为现在这样的人,因为你在球场上太与众不同了,你的……
for me is all about family is about taking care of other people
对我来说,一切都关乎家人,关乎照顾身边的人。
And I think to succeed not just in in sports but in life, you need to be you need to be very careful of of your surroundings.
我觉得,不管是在体育还是在生活中,要取得成功,你都必须非常在意自己身边的环境。
So I think the values of my family, the values of my of my parents were were what make me the person and the player I am today.
所以我觉得,家人给我的价值观、父母给我的价值观,造就了今天的我,作为人和作为球员。
The older I've gotten, I'm now 33, so I think I'm 2 years older than you, the more I've realized actually with time what I learned from my parents and like the values that my dad in particular gave me.
随着年龄渐长,我现在 33 岁了,比你大两岁左右,我越来越意识到,其实很多事情……
He never for a lot of the things it's not something he ever said to me.
他对很多事情从来不说出口。
It's like modeling what he did.
更多是通过他的行动来传递。
So seeing how he behaved.
看他怎么做。
Yeah.
是的。
What's that for you?
对你来说是什么?
It's it's kind of the same, you know, like um my father was never a person to to show his emotions too much or tell you what to do or how to do it.
差不多也是一样,你知道,我父亲从来不是那种爱表达情绪或者直接跟你说的人。
Uh he would just do it and you would understand by by by his behavior, by the way things that uh that was his way of showing us how he has to be doing.
他从不说,只是用行动让你明白,用做事的方式告诉你,那就是他表达爱的方式。
Was never a person of like hugging, kissing and stuff.
他从不是那种爱拥抱、亲吻之类的人。
He's got now into that even when I come out of games and stuff you see like I I I always get his hug.
现在他已经改变了,每次我赛后出来,你能看到我总能得到他的拥抱。
I always get the his kiss and this is something that I as a kid I knew how much he loved me but uh in in this small aspects was always my mom giving this kind of love.
我总能得到他的一个吻,这在小时候,我知道他有多爱我,但在这一点上,他是很含蓄的。
He was more uh in the way of he was showing how things have to be done how how much you have to sacrifice yourself to certain things.
他更多是用行动来告诉你,事情该怎么做,你需要为此付出多少牺牲。
My dad was very strong with me in term of like games.
爸爸对我要求很严,特别是在比赛方面。
Imagine I could come out of a game scoring two, three goals or whatsoever and my parents, my dad in this case will always pick up the bad moments I had in games to make me understand that wasn't that wasn't that was good but wasn't great.
想象一下,我踢完一场球,进了两三个球之类的,我父母,尤其是我爸,总会指出还有哪里可以做得更好。
It's always margin to improvement.
永远都有提升的空间。
You know, it's always small things.
总有一些小细节。
And I think I've learned such from such a young age to deal with criticism that I'm now in probably in one of the biggest clubs in terms of like caring criticism and attention.
我从很小的年纪就学会了如何面对批评,所以现在置身于可能是世界上审视最严苛的环境之一,我也不会因此受伤。
That doesn't hurt me.
那伤不了我。
Like I don't like it.
我不喜欢,但伤不了我。
Obviously, no one likes to get criticized, but it doesn't hurt me.
显然,没人喜欢被批评,但它伤不了我。
It doesn't change the way I behave.
它不会改变我的行事方式。
It doesn't change the way I want to do things.
它不会改变我做事的态度。
But from the other side, it makes me understand there's still things to improve.
但反过来,它让我明白还有地方需要进步。
And I listen to that and I I I I look at my game and I see if he's needed of changing of improvement in my game.
我会听进去,审视自己的比赛,看看是否有需要改变、需要提升的地方。
And and my dad was always very strong in that with me.
在这方面,爸爸对我一直非常严格。
And I see nowadays the parents, you know, my dad never wanted me to be a footballer.
我现在看到今天的父母,我爸爸当年从来不是要我成为一名职业球员。
He wanted me to become a better person, a better player on or a better student.
他希望我成为一个更好的人,一个更好的球员,或者一个更好的学生。
Everything I wanted
无论我想做什么,
I wanted to do, he just wanted to me to do it at like 100%.
他只要求我全力以赴,做到 100%。
You need you want to do this, you have to do the best you can.
你想做这件事,就必须尽自己最大的努力。
You can't just be happy with you go to a test and let's say in Portugal was from zero to 100%.
不能满足于及格,比如在葡萄牙,满分是 100 分。
And you have 98 and you'll be the most happiest person in the world.
你拿了 98 分,可以是世界上最开心的人。
No, you can be happy because that result is amazing.
不,你可以高兴,因为这个成绩很了不起。
But you left 2% then that you still can improve.
但你还留了 2% 没有达到,说明你仍有提升空间。
So you always showing me that even if it was just a small thing or a small detail, you still have something more to do.
所以他总在告诉我,哪怕只是一件小事或一个小细节,你都还有事情可以去做。
You still still have something more that you can improve or become better.
你还有可以改进、可以变得更好的空间。
And that's something that has stuck with me not just in football but in life.
这不只是在足球上,在生活中也一样,这一点深深印在了我心里。
I don't like to do things 50% 60 70 or 80.
我不喜欢做事只做 50%、60%、70% 或 80%。
Whenever I'm included in something, I want I want to go full.
不管参与什么,我都想全力投入。
I want to learn as much as I can.
我想学尽可能多的东西。
I want to be the best version I can in that aspect, whatever it is.
无论在哪个方面,我都想成为那个领域里最好的自己。
I mean, it's it's really interesting because I I I wonder to myself how you I think you started playing football at 5 years old.
这很有意思,因为我在想,你从五岁就开始踢球,
Yeah, five.
对,五岁。
And were you good from 5 years old?
你五岁时就很厉害吗?
Were you were you different from your peers at a young age?
你年幼时就和同龄人不一样吗?
In such a young age, I I never think about being a footballer.
那么小的时候,我从没想过要成为职业球员。
I just wanted to play football for life.
我只是想一辈子踢球。
I'm just happy playing football.
踢球就让我很快乐。
I just want to have this ball in my feet every time, all time.
我只想随时随地脚下都有这颗球。
And you joined uh FC Infesta.
你加入了 FC Infesta。
Yeah, that was my first club
对,那是我的第一支球队。
at 5 years old.
五岁时。
I mean, I've got some photos of you as as a young man here.
我这里有一些你小时候的照片。
I've got so many photos here, but you must be roughly around that age then.
我带来了好多照片,你那时候大概就是这个年纪。
And remarkably, I read that after one training session, they moved you into the older group and you played with people two years older than you when you were four, five years old.
我读到一个惊人的细节:第一次训练之后,他们就把你移到了年龄更大的组,你和七岁的孩子一起踢球。
Yeah, I was five playing with a seven years old.
对,我五岁,和七岁的孩子一起踢。
Why did they move you into a different group?
他们为什么把你分到另一个组?
I went for the first session and it was a football session.
我去参加了第一次训练,是一场足球课。
Five aside uh but like an indoor thing.
五对五,在室内。
Um
嗯,
and uh after that first session, they told me that like no, you need to get on the grass.
那次训练结束后,他们跟我说,你应该去草地上踢。
And then I think it comes just u you know I looked at the other players and at the other other people that were training with me and I didn't want to be better than them.
然后我觉得,也许就是天性使然,我看了看其他球员,其他那些孩子,
I just wanted to like getting getting at them was the same at getting at my brother that was five years old than me.
对我来说,去冲他们,跟冲我哥哥一样,他比我大五岁。
For me it was no difference.
对我来说没有区别。
If I have to beat him up I will beat him up.
如果要过他,我就过他。
You know like one v one I'm going to go past him.
一对一,我就去过他。
I have to tackle I'm going to tackle him.
要抢断,我就上去抢。
He's going to tackle me stronger.
他会更猛地反抢我。
It doesn't matter.
没关系。
I tackle him again.
我再抢回来。
And and I was I had no fear.
我没有畏惧感。
And I think that was the thing that make me become better and better because I was never the best.
我觉得正是这一点让我越来越好,因为我从来不是最强的那个。
Like technical ability, yes, I was good.
技术能力,对,我不错。
Was the best?
最好的吗?
No.
不是。
Speed.
速度呢?
Was I quick?
我快吗?